Monday, July 25, 2016

July Swap Cards

Thin Enough!

I finally took the plunge and watercolored three cards to use as my swap cards this month. This was a big step for me as it was way outside my comfort zone! I've been practicing my watercolor technique for about a year now. I just haven't felt comfortable giving one of them away. I finally decided it was time. They're not perfect, if there is a perfect way to watercolor. Every time I do an image it looks different than the time before. I know I still have a ways to go to get my shading perfected but from here on out I'm just going to start making them into cards instead of putting them in a pile. 

I was only able to get three done in time for mailing. The fourth one I was working on was making me so frustrated! I tried it three times and made the same mistake each time. If there would have been a way to cover up my mistake I would have, but it was one you couldn't fix. So one person in the swap group will get a different card.

For the card above I used the Art Impressions Thin Enough Set. I paper pieced the towels. It gave me a little fussy cutting experience since I don't usually fussy cut anything!

The card below uses the Under My Umbrella Set. I just love these Girlfriends stamp sets. Maybe someday I'll be able to try my hand using my Spectrum Noir markers to make them. For now though I'm just going to stick with my Tim Holtz distress and Marvy LePlume markers and a paintbrush!

Friends share everything

For this card I added the sentiment Friends share everything on the inside. 

Gossip is our daily grind!

I love this one! I used the Girlfriend Blend set. I can't wait to watercolor more of these images!

Think Happy Thoughts

This final card uses a die I've used before from Simon Says Stamp called Single Roses. The sentiment is from a stamp set from The Ton called Get It Girl.

I hope my swap partners like the cards I've sent them. I've been participating in this swap for almost a year now and this is my last month. I've just decided that I need a break. I feel like I'm always down to the wire trying to get them finished and in the mail by the deadline. I have some projects I want to work on and there just never seems to be enough time.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10