Saturday, July 30, 2016

Mixed Media Canvas

Mixed Media Canvas

Oh my! I have a new found love/addiction for deli paper! I've been on sites watching videos on how deli paper is used for quite a few months. I just put it in the back of my mind to try sometime. Then I found this stamp from Everyday Valentine at Joggles and I knew I had to buy it. I didn't know what I'd use it for however. When I ordered the stamp I picked up a small amount of deli paper to try. I will definitely need to buy a larger quantity.

For my base I used a 6x6" canvas panel. The background was created using Dylusions paints and my Gelli Arts gel press printing plate. I've had the 6x6" and 3x5" plates for a few years. When I went to a stamp show in June I picked up the 8x10". Love it, I'm so glad I splurged on it! I used three different paints and then printed my background. Because it's kind of a messy job I went ahead and created two more backgrounds on deli paper at the same time. I'm going to use those for canvas projects also.

I added some texture to the background with some translucent embossing paste and some stencils by accident. I meant to grab my white paste. Since you can't see the translucent, I grabbed another stencil and used the white paste. For the flowers I used some I had in my stash from Recollections. The smaller ones where already colored. The larger ones were white so I used distress ink with water on my craft mat and ran them through the ink. After they were dry I matted the sentiment with DCWV burlap, adhered the flowers and my canvas is ready to hang out in my craft room!

I had two scraps of the background paper left. Because I can't toss things, they are large enough to use for two cards. I'm going to go work on them now. I'll post them later.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10