Saturday, September 3, 2016

Everyday Memories Mini Album

IMG_0051

I have to tell you how excited I was to come across this little book! I have been following Ginger from My Sisters Scrapper for quite a long time and love her mini albums. She has a mini album that is very similar to this one but no pages and a bit smaller. 

I've been searching for something very close to that one. I wanted something that had a few pages. I wasn't too concerned about the size. A few weeks back I found exactly what I was looking for on a Blogger friends blog. My friend Susie from Creative Cafe made the book I was searching for. Check out her blog, she makes beautiful books!

This book measures approximately 5.25 inches in width, 8 inches in height and 1.25 inches in depth. I love this book! 

I used a paper pad I've had in my stash for ages. It's by K&Company and is called Que Sera Sera. The  patterns are beautiful. I usually buy "collections" so I have embellishments, stickers and chipboard pieces to choose from when I decorate my books. I fill in with stuff from my stash. I had no embellishments for this paper. I racked my brain for ideas of how to decorate the cover. I went to a few Michael's, Joann's and even Hobby Lobby looking to see if I could find something and came up empty handed. I just didn't see anything I liked. That led me to shop in my own craft room! 

For the cover I used three different die sets for the flowers and leaves. I used Spellbinders Shapeabilities Foliage, Heartfelt Creations Ariana Blooms and Sizzix - Donna Salazar Rose Creations. I die cut the flowers/leaves from patterned paper from the collection. I added pearl bling to the flower centers. I cut the doily from a Prima die called Doilies One and then dyed it with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The metal corners are from Momenta. The word sentiments are from Tim Holtz Idea-ology stickers called ChitChat. I inked all the pages with vintage photo distress ink - my favorite! I used an old Creative Memories corner punch for the photo mats and flaps. On the pockets I used my We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board. 

The rest of this post are just photos of the inside pages, spine and back cover. I didn't do any embellishing on the inside. The book isn't that large and I wanted to leave plenty of room to add photos. Embellishments can always be added after the photos have been adhered to the pages. There are 6 photo mats inside pockets and two small booklets inside two pockets. In addition to the mats and booklets there is room for over 40 photos in the book. Of course some of the areas can be used for journaling too. 

IMG_0042

I love waterfall photo pages!

IMG_0043

IMG_0044

This is the page with the two pockets that hold two small booklets that will hold four photos each.

IMG_0045

IMG_0046

IMG_0047

I live the flaps on the page!

IMG_0048

IMG_0049

IMG_0055

IMG_0040

That's it! I've already started the pages for more books. I've gone through all my patterned paper and have decided to cut into the collections that I've been hoarding because they are too gorgeous to use.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10